Construction is underway for a new Yorba Linda Public Library and Cultural Arts Center, which are expected to open in Fall 2020. The new facilities will be located on the City-owned 4.7-acre “strawberry field” parcel on Lakeview Avenue, just north of Yorba Linda Boulevard across from the Town Center development area.
Located approximately three blocks from the current Library, the new two-story, approximately 45,000 square-foot Public Library will feature:
- Children’s, tween, teen and adult areas;
- Group study rooms and quiet areas;
- Storytime Theater;
- Friends of the Library used book store;
- Dividable Community Room; and
- DIY space and other collaborative areas.
Adding to the City’s existing Parks and Recreation amenities, the separate 13,500 square-foot Yorba Linda Cultural Arts Center will provide much-needed space for recreation and community arts programs. Spaces will include:
- Flexible black box theater, which will be known as the Virginia DeLand Theater;
- Arts studio and adjoining exterior arts yard;
- Dance studio; and
- Adjacent outdoor events lawn.
A central paseo between the two facilities will provide areas for outdoor activities and community events. Based on community feedback, design elements of the facilities will include:
- A civic, yet gracious presence;
- A timeless design that endures physically and aesthetically;
- Inspiration by local geography and nature in a subtle and elegant way; and
- Warm and sophisticated interiors, finishes, and details that are welcoming to all.
This website will be updated regularly to reflect the latest project news.